Monday, May 6, 2013

7 Unique Store Bought Mother's Day Gifts: Happy Mother's Day!

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

******

       Yes I stole a quote from the movie, "The Crow". At least, that's where I remember it from and I've always loved it. Moving on. Mother's Day is only a few days away now, so if you haven't come up with what to get your mom or haven't hinted around to the hubby and children about what you want, you better get a boot on it. 

       Mom's will always love anything they receive from their kids. It's embedded in our maternal makeup. In fact, I prefer Mother's Day gifts that are handmade over store bought ones. Well, from the kids. But sometimes I want my husband to go that little extra mile to show how much he appreciates me. He knows what I love and he knows what I hate. So some nice chocolate diamonds should be waiting for me when I take my morning spill down the stairs on Mother's Day. Ha! I wish! Anyway, I have compiled a list of things I believe moms will love. I don't think you can go wrong with these. (Just please no kitchen items, diet items, or exercise equipment. Oh and no house cleaning products. The last thing moms want to be reminded of on their day is that they are the workhorse of the family.)

Under-the-counter Wine Refrigerator:

This is an awesome idea for when you want to conserve space. And most moms that I know love wine! 

Under Counter 4 Bottle Wine Cooler
Source: brookstone.com
Vintage Book MacBook Case:

If mom's an avid reader and lover of all things "book" (like myself, hint, hint if you're reading Anthony), she would love this case! Well I would need a MacBook first I guess, so unless your buying me a laptop to go with it, just scratch that hint babe, thanks.

 


Presso Espresso Machine:

Ah, espresso...cappuccino.... Moms need this stuff to survive! It's just the way it is. Why not give her an espresso machine that looks awesome along with curing her urge to drink fancy coffee? This will only set you back about $100.00.

 


Desk Top Jelly Fish Tank:

OMG! I'm terrified of these things while I'm swimming in the ocean but I love to look at them when there is some glass between us. The Georgia Aquarium has a beautiful jellyfish exhibit. Anyway, if you or your mom is a marine biology fanatic like me, they would appreciate this awesome gift. It's a little steeply priced at around $382.00, but can you imagine the conversations that will hatch from having such a piece? I want it!

Desktop Jellyfish Tank LED Color Changing Tank ~ Self-Maintaining Ocean Aquarium 
Source: ebay.com and jellyfishart.com

PODillow:

I came across this one on Pinterest a while back and was mind blown! Now I know that we are supposed to be more diligent about staying out of the sun, especially to get...dare I say...a tan! But I'm sorry, I love to tan. Not in the tanning bed and not with the self tanner. (The self tanner thing is the biggest pain in the butt if you want it to look even remotely natural. Not worth it, in my opinion. Ain't nobody got time for that!) I like the good ol' blaring daytime star. So if your like me and like to tan or just chill, slathered in SPF, sprawled out on the beach, this product is for you or moms you know like me. 

 

Source: podillow,com

Herkimer Diamond Earrings:

If you or the mom in your life like organic, funky jewelry these earrings are for you! They aren't actual diamonds, but a kind of quartz that is from Herkimer, New York. They are set in sterling silver and are STUNNING! $Cost for these are about $50.00.

Herkimer Diamond Earrings 

Source: https://uncovet.com/favorites/herkimer-diamond-earrings


Anything Apple:

If you have the money to spare, any Apple product will do for Mother's Day. I personally would want to have this reserved as a birthday or Christmas present, but a lot of moms these days love techie stuff. 

Source: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad

       I want all of this stuff! And don't worry, if you don't have the money to go all out on Mother's Day, moms just really want to feel appreciated. That's the bottom line. Come up with something personal and thoughtful and mom will be elated. I promise. 

       Thanks for stopping by and like always, subscribe to my blog for the most up-to-date posts and don't forget to vote for me on topmommyblogs.com! Just click the topmommyblogs.com icon in the top righthand sidebar and help me shoot to the top! Thanks and happy (ugh!) Monday!

~XoXo Jess




2 comments:

Kim@oneclassymotha.com said...

I love these!!! I'm going to check out that espresso machine...I need all the energy I can get!

Krlenen said...

Well if you do happen to check it out, keep me updated! I'd love to know how it works for you! Have an great day!

~Jess